Rovner Dark Ligature - 2R for Tenor Saxophone
The original Rovner Ligature that has won acceptance worldwide for its ability to perform like a classic string ligature, but with greater convenience. Now improved, with more reliable metal fittings and refinements in construction. Gives a big, centered tone with the ease of control and playability that only a string ligature can give. Supplied with an improved cap design for a more effective fit to the mouthpiece.
Why Rovner?...Every Rovner Ligature...
- Permits the reed to vibrate more freely than with conventional metal ligatures
- Improves tone, response and intonation of woodwind instruments
- Allows reed to swell and shrink without distorting the reed body, reducing the likelihood of leakage at the facing
- Reduces peculiar modes of vibration that give rise to uneven scales, poor intonation, squeaks and raspiness
- If properly used, will provide greater playing ease, considerably extended reed life and fewer rejected reeds
- Is made of the finest materials obtainable
- Has a body made of neoprene-impregnated polyester fabric that will not stretch or rot and is chemically impervious; is fitted with corrosion-resistant metal fittings
- Undergoes constant scrutiny for possible improvements
- All current ligatures feature double-textured ligature body with new T-process Polymer Impregnation.
Fits the following Hard Rubber Tenor Saxophone Mouthpieces:
- Claude Lakey
- Jody Jazz "HR"
- Morgan 'C', 'L&M' and 'S'
- Otto Link
- Rico Royal
- Runyon '22'
This model will also fit some baritone saxophone mouthpieces depending on size.